Billing and Coding Hints and Tips: Medicare Part C
Nearly 40% of Medicare Beneficiaries select a Part C vs. Part B Plan. You know these as “replacement” or “advantage” plans, administered by private payers vs. government jurisdictional contractors. Because of the low costs, this number is expected to rise over the coming year. As we approach the Open Enrollment season, how will your office prepare for this important payer class?
• What if you’re not participating with the patient’s plan?
• What about the fee I’m allowed to charge if I’m not participating? Or if I am?
• How do I know what I’m allowed to charge the patient?
• Do they have their own ABN form?
• How do I know which plan my patient has: PPO, HMO, or PFFS?
These and many other questions will be answered in the brief overview session taught by Kathy (KMC) Weidner, MCS-P, CCPC, CCCA, with layers for both beginners and intermediate level team members. After the approximate 20 minute session, the remainder of the time is devoted to your questions on this topic. Specialists from ChiroTouch are on hand to sync the concepts to your software for maximum understanding.