COVID-19 Patient Communication Topics
Maintaining patient communication and engagement is vital to your practice now more than ever. Whether you are open and treating patients in-office, have changed your hours, or are temporarily closed, this is a perfect time to increase digital engagement with your patient base. To help other chiropractors with their communication plans, ChiroTouch specialist, Dr. Calee McClure, has researched some topics you may consider incorporating into your next message:
- Is your office open, closed, or have modified hours?
- Do you have special hours for at risk populations?
- If you are seeing patients (in-office or via telehealth), how can patients schedule appointments? Read more on using ChiroTouch for telehealth.
- What is the best way for patients to cancel or reschedule appointments? See how to do this in ChiroTouch.
- Following the CDC guidelines to protect yourself, your staff, and patients, what new operational procedures have you adopted at the office? Read more on keeping your staff and patients safe.
- What health and wellness tips can you share for those sheltering in place? View this video on staying engaged with patients.
Email, social media, and text message are all easily accessible options to reach your audience and are ideal for mass communication. These types of messages can be created and deployed quickly and with minimal effort, especially for ChiroTouch users – see how.
From within the software, ChiroTouch allows for the sending of emails – both individual messages, mass emails, as well as, appointment reminders – to your patient base. The optional CTInTouch service allows for the sending of text messages – again, to individuals or a list of patients – all from the ChiroTouch software. See how CTInTouch can be used for emergency communications.
If you find yourself with additional free time, you may consider pursuing more personalized channels. How about picking up the phone and calling patients to check in on them? This may be appreciated by your elderly patients who are not frequent internet users and may be lonely.
For more information about what you can do in these times, go to our COVID-19 resource center.
ChiroTouch provides this information with the understanding that authors or speakers are not experts in finance, regulatory policy or law. ChiroTouch shares this information to the best of our knowledge and experience. The information is subject to change as the COVID-19 crisis evolves.