The COVID-19 crisis has resulted in many people having unexpected downtime, and if social media is any indicator, many of us are choosing to spend our time spring cleaning. Deep cleaning, yard clean up, and long-delayed home improvements crop up in every newsfeed it seems. Why not turn some of that energy towards improving your business as well? Senior ChiroTouch Trainer, Lynnette Conroy, offers these ChiroTouch housekeeping suggestions in Part 1 of this installment that can strengthen and improve your practice.
- Tackle your accounts receivable. Slow times are ideal for the strong focus and attention to detail that is required to work your aging accounts. Spend some time combing through your older accounts and submit secondary claims, corrections, and appeals that you may not have time to address during day-to-day operations. Check out these 3 AR reports you can use to find unclaimed monies.
- Fee Schedule updates. Accurate Fee Schedules are critical in knowing what to collect from patients, as well as helping speed the process of EOB posting. Run the Insurance Variance report to see which Fee Schedules are out of date according to the remittances that you are receiving. You can update your Fee Schedules from the Maintenance application in the Charges screen. View this recorded webinar on how to do a Fee Schedule check-up.
- Rethink your system alerts. The Alerts tool is a powerful element of ChiroTouch that is often underutilized. Create Alert Packages to keep track of drip education campaign delivery, phased introductions to durable medical goods throughout treatment plans, or insurance and demographics updates
- Forms customization. There are likely unique forms that your office uses for things like return to work orders, school absence excuses, or athletics eligibility forms. Spending some of your downtime creating these documents as PDF templates and importing them into your system will produce future efficiencies when creating, printing, and saving copies to the patient records with just a couple of clicks from the Records area of the patient account.
- Macro editing. Changes in your treatment plans, updated insurance standards, and other changes to your practice and preferences mean that your macro set should be an ever-evolving tool. Spending the time to make changes to your macros to add missing content, shave off unnecessary elements, and rearrange buttons to maximize efficiency in navigation can save measurable amounts of time while noting. See this recorded webinar on how to create and update BulletTouch macros.
For more information about what you can do in these times, go to our COVID-19 resource center.
ChiroTouch provides this information with the understanding that authors or speakers are not experts in finance, regulatory policy or law. ChiroTouch shares this information to the best of our knowledge and experience. The information is subject to change as the COVID-19 crisis evolves.